|Summer the Holiday Fairy||International|
|This article is official! This means that it is a part of the published Rainbow Magic series.|
|Magical Item(s) / Animal(s)||Magic shells|
|Symbol(s)||Pink scallop shells|
|Special Thanks||Linda Chapman|
|Publish date|| 2 June 2005|
10 January 2007
1 May 2007
4 June 2007
7 May 2007
26 July 2007
15 January 2009
6 June 2013 (Early Reader)
|Rainbow Magic order|
Summer the Holiday Fairy (U.S. name: Joy the Summer Vacation Fairy) is the 2nd fairy in the Holiday Special Fairies series.
Summer has tousled long, light brown hair in a side ponytail with a red flower and pale skin with freckles. She wears a bright yellow vest top with a yellow and red sarong, orange flip-flops and a beaded bracelet and anklet and a sea shell pendant. Her wings are pointed and pale orange tinted.
Symbol: Pink scallop shells.
- The Curly Twirly Shell: looks after yummy food.
- The Sea Breeze Shell: controls the wind.
- The Scallop Shell: makes sure all the beaches have sand.
Job: Making sure everyone of all ages have a fun holiday/vacation.
Jack Frost's Poem
Come wind, come breeze, come howling gale,
Whip up waves and billow sail!
Gather up the shells and sand,
From every corner of this land.
And with my cunning breezy spells,
I'll steal the magic Rainspell Shells.
Then beaches, ice cream, summer fun,
Will be spoiled for everyone!
- When Summer uses her wand, lovely summery smells fill the air and carousel music can be heard.
- Jack Frost stole the Rainspell shells because he didn't want anyone else to have a fun holiday/vacation.
- She is the only fairy known to have her wand ring when there's holiday-associated trouble.
- In the book she's described as wearing a pink top despite her wearing a yellow one on the cover.
- Her book has been converted into a Early Reader book.
Summer's name comes from the season of summer. Summer is the time when people usually go on holiday due to the end of the academic year.