|This article is official! This means that it is a part of the published Rainbow Magic series.|
|Magical Item(s) / Animal(s)||Golden Loom|
|Symbol(s)||Loom bands & hearts|
|Preceding||Georgie the Royal Prince Fairy|
|Succeeding||Frances the Royal Family Fairy|
|Special Thanks||Rachel Elliot|
|Publish date|| 4 December 2014|
Luna the Loom Band Fairy is the 6th fairy in the One-Offs series.
Luna has long brown hair pulled back by a loom band bow. She wears a pale pink cropped jumper, a long flowing pale yellow skirt, pink strappy high heels and loom band bracelets and a loom band anklet. Her wings are pointy and dark pink tinted.
Symbol: Loom bands and pink hearts
Magical object: Golden Loom
Job: Helping everyone have lots of fun making things with loom bands.
Jack Frost's Poem
Loom-band art is all the rage,
It's fun no matter what your age.
They say beginners must start small,
But that's no kind of fun at all!
I'm thinking big! I will not wait.
Luna's loom will make me great.
Let humans' loom bands twang and snap.
I'll weave while they get in a flap!
- This book is based on the 2014 jewellery-making craze, Rainbow Loom (colourful, elastic bands which people weave and twist together to make bracelets and other objects).
- It is the first Rainbow Magic book to be based on a popular culture trend, with many others to follow.
- The rainbow on her book is made of loom bands.
- The original book cover was two shades of pink and Luna was black and white. The background colour was changed to blue when published.
- The poem at the start of the book shows a loom instead of Jack Frost's ice bolts.