|This article is official! This means that it is a part of the published Rainbow Magic series.|
|Magical Item(s) / Animal(s)||3 presents and Santa's sleigh|
|Symbol(s)||Yellow stars and holly leaves|
|Succeeding||Summer the Holiday Fairy|
|Special Thanks||Narinder Dhami|
|Publish date|| 16 September 2004|
28 October 2005
5 October 2006
1 October 2007
1 October 2011
Holly the Christmas Fairy is the 1st fairy in the Holiday Special Fairies series.
Holly has long dark brown hair in a side curly ponytail fixed with a sprig of holly. She wears a berry-red dress with a hood trimmed with white fur and matching boots. Her wings are pointy and pale pink tinted.
Symbol: Yellow stars and holly leaves.
Magic Objects: 3 presents and Santa's missing sleigh.
Job: Making sure Christmas is extra special.
Jack Frost's Poem
Christmas plans may go awry
If I can make these reindeer fly
Santa's gifts for girls and boys
Shall become my sweets and toys!
Magic reindeer listen well
As now I bind you with this spell
Heed my bidding, fly this sleigh
Through starry skies and far away.
- Holly gives Santa's reindeer flying lessons every year.
- Holly's scarlet dress was created for her by Santa's elves, its made from the same material as Santa's suit.
- Her book has been converted into an Early Reader.
- Her French name is Gaelle.
- Her German name is Hilfe.
- Her Swedish name is Julia.
- Her Slovenian name is Natalija.
- Her Italian name is Stella.
Holly's name comes from the evergreen shrub, holly. Holly is a shrub associated with Christmas, especially their red berries.
Holly is also named after a niece of the book's author, Narinder Dhami. In the Special Thanks section, the book is dedicated to "Holly Sarah Williams".